One of the brothers of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, Kutbettin Gülen, who was arrested in October, is being deprived of his prescribed medication despite suffering from heart disease and high blood pressure.
According to the report, 70-year-old Kutbettin Gülen, who was working for a printing house in İzmir, has been held in solitary confinement cell since Oct. 2.
Gülen, who has also a herniated disk, was not given permission to see his family for months until his daughter was recently allowed to visit.
His daughter didn’t recognize her father, who has lost much weight and could walk only with the support of two guards.
Gülen’s lawyer told tr724 that instead of the medications he is supposed to take, he might have been given much stronger drugs.
His family is worried they might lose him if these conditions in prison persist.
- Erol Ayyıldız – Governor
- Mustafa Doğru – Chief Prosecutor
- Celal Uzunkaya – Istanbul Provincial Police Chief
- Mustafa İzanlı – Warden of Menemen T Type Prison
- Ahmet Yıldız – Deputy Warden of Menemen T Type Prison
- Ahmet Altıparmak – Governor
- Vedat Kadri Özüer – Deputy Chief Prosecutor
- Erdaş Çöğür – Warden of Denizli T-Type Prison